MICPA’s SSP caters to students in a 4-year accounting degree – get sponsorship for the MICPA-ICAA Programme, internship placement & a job offer before you graduate.
MICPA Bytes features stories about the Institute, the Programme, its people, candidates and members. Do stop by and check out this new page.
MICPA-ICAA Programme: Enrolment Open for Term 1, 2014Enrolment for the Taxation (TAX) & Audit and Assurance (AAA) modules for Term 1, 2014 is now open.
If you wish to enrol in one of these modules, please register yourself through one of the following methods:
- - Online enrolment through MICPA candidate portal (preferred): Click Here
- - Complete attached enrolment form and send to the Institute. You can also access the enrolment form via the link: Click Here
The enrolment for Term 1, 2014 technical modules will close on January 6, 2014 (Monday). Please ensure that your enrolment details and payment of module fees are received by MICPA before the closing date.
Your employer may have further instructions on your enrolment process. Please check with your HR Coordinator accordingly.
The National Annual Corporate Reports Awards (NACRA) is jointly organised by Bursa Malaysia Berhad, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) and The Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA).
The NACRA 2012 Award Presentation Ceremony was held on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at the Sime Darby Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, and the awards were presented by the Minister of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism, YBhg Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The winners of NACRA 2012 are as follows:
OVERALL EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Most Outstanding Annual Report of the Year
|Platinum||Malayan Banking Berhad|
|Gold||Public Bank Berhad|
|Silver||Telekom Malaysia Berhad|
Companies Listed on Main Market
|Consumer Products||British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Berhad|
|Industrial Products & Technology||Petronas Gas Berhad|
|Trading & Services||Telekom Malaysia Berhad|
|Finance||Malayan Banking Berhad|
|Properties & Hotels||Sunway Berhad|
|Plantations & Mining||Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad|
|Real Estate Investment Funds (REITs) & Closed-End Funds||Sunway Real Estate Investment Trust|
Best Annual Report in Bahasa Malaysia
|Platinum||Public Bank Berhad|
|Gold||Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad|
|Silver||Malayan Banking Berhad|
|Platinum||Malayan Banking Berhad|
|Gold||Tenaga Nasional Berhad|
|Silver||British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Berhad|
Best Corporate Social Responsibility Awards
|Platinum||Nestle (Malaysia) Berhad|
|Gold||Malayan Banking Berhad|
Best Annual Report of Non-listed Organisations
|Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia|
|Petronas Chemicals Group Berhad|
|Malaysia Resources Corporation Berhad|
|Mah Sing Group Berhad|
|UEM Land Holdings Berhad|
Enrolments for 2012 Ethics & Business Application 3 (EBA312) is now open.
Enrolment open: 15 Oct 2012
Enrolment close: 12 Nov 2012
Late Enrolment close: 19 Nov 2012
Please read the following carefully if you are considering enrolment in this module. No enrolment will be accepted after late enrolment closing date.
- MAA212 candidates are advised to wait for their exam results before enrolling into EBA312.
- Candidates sitting the supplementary exam for FIN212 or MAA212 are permitted to conditionally enrol in EBA312 (if you are unsuccessful in your supplementary exam you will be automatically discontinued from EBA312 with a full refund).
- EBA212 candidates will have 2 options for enrolment.
Option 1: Enrol using the enrolment closing dates on the calendar and if unsuccessful will be automatically discontinued and receive a full refund.
Option 2: Hold off on enrolling until you have received your results for EBA212. Please enrol between 16 Nov to 19 Nov 2012. Late fee will be waived.
Venue: Rome, Parco Della Musica
Date: November 10 – 13, 2014
Our latest article in New Sunday Times entitled More Companies Besides The Big 4 highlights two of MICPA’s partner firms for the Students Sponsorship Programme. Crowe Horwath and Russell Bedford share the advantages and difference of working in a medium sized firm. Click to read more.
Candidates who wish to enrol for TAX314 and AAA314 are advised to login to candidates' portal to submit your enrolment respectively before the closing date of August 11, 2014. (28 Jul)
Our latest news article in New Sunday Times entitled Calculated Path To Success At MICPA talks about our MICPA-ICAA Programme, its benefits and success. The article features MICPA’s Gold Medal winners – Xavier Tan and Low Choon Wei.
MICPA recently celebrated its 56th Annual Dinner at Sheraton Imperial Hotel. The event was graced by YB Senator Dato’ Sri Abdul Wahid Omar, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department. Journalists from New Straits Times were there to capture the moments and we have the published article here, for your reading pleasure.
NACRA 2014 is officially launched! Please click here for participation details. (14th May)
MICPA is out in The Star for another month. Do read our article entitled A Globally Recognised Qualification. The article highlights 2 MICPA members who are enjoying a global career, a testament to the global recognition our qualification carries.
MICPA-ICAA Programme: Enrolment Open for Term 2, 2014. Enrolment for the Financial Accounting and Reporting (FIN) & Management Accounting & Applied Finance (MAAF) modules for Term 2, 2014 is now open (28 April).
Get A Head Start With SSP is our latest article out today in The Star’s Higher Education Guide. The article focuses on MICPA’s Students Sponsorship Programme (SSP). Do have a read!
MICPA has a new story in The Star! Check out our Well-rounded Accountant, Nik Aisyah - a former Apprentice Asia contestant and MICPA graduate as she recalls her experience pursuing the MICPA-ICAA Programme as well as being on The Apprentice Asia show.
MICPA is closed for the holidays!
Please take note that our office will be closed from 30/01/14 – 03/02/14 for Chinese New Year & Federal Territory Day. We will resume business as usual on 04/02/14.
Gong Xi Fa Cai & Happy FT Day!
MICPA-ICAA Programme: Enrolment open for Capstone (CAP114) module. Enrolment for the Capstone module for Term 1, 2014 is now open. Click here to view the circular containing details to enrol (13th Jan).
Connexion@Nexus, Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
- August 23, 2014Talentcorp Mini SFCF Accounting & Tax Day 2014
- September 3, 2014Programme Talk by MICPA
- September 9, 2014 - September 10, 2014MAICSA Annual Conference 2014
- September 12, 2014Programme Talk by MICPA
- September 19, 2014UPAC Accounting Students Interaction Convention (ASIC 2014) - Programme Talk by MICPA
- September 19, 2014UMAC Interaction Week (i-Week 2014) - Programme Talk by MICPA
- September 30, 2014IIUM Economics Career Week 2014 - Programme Talk by MICPA
- October 30, 2014 - October 31, 2014Curtin Career Fair 2014
- November 4, 2014MIA International Accountants Conference 2014
- November 10, 2014 - November 13, 2014World Congress of Accountants (WCOA) 2014
- August 21, 2014Half-Day Academic Forum Bridging the Gap Between Academic Accounting Research and Professional Practice
- September 4, 2014CAANZ – MICPA Audit Forum Professional Skepticism in an Audit
- September 5, 2014CAANZ – MICPA Forum Risk Management - Walking the Talk
- September 8, 2014Tax Planning for Mergers & Acquisitions
- September 12, 2014Evening Talk - What Directors Need To Know About GST
- September 17, 2014 - September 18, 2014GST Transitional Rules, Special Schemes and Input Tax
- September 22, 2014Share Capital at No Par Value, Share Buybacks and Redeemable Preference Shares: Accounting Implications
- September 24, 2014Comparative Analysis of PERS, MPERS and MFRS Framework
- October 1, 2014 - October 2, 2014Basic Practical Guide To Auditing
- October 14, 2014 - October 15, 2014Updates of the IFRS-Compliant MFRSs 2014
MASB - Final Decision for Transitioning Entit... (15 Aug 2014)
RMC - Issues for Discussion by Consultative P... (08 Aug 2014)
MASB - An Interim Standard On Rate Regulated ... (08 Aug 2014)
SSM - Announcement on Reminder to Lodge Compa... (01 Aug 2014)
IRB - Closure of IRBM Offices during
Hari R... (25 Jul 2014)
RMC - Minutes of Meeting of Consultative Pane... (25 Jul 2014)
Goods and Services Tax (04 Jul 2014)
IRB - Grace Period for Submission of
Form B,... (04 Jul 2014)
IRB - Public Ruling No. 4/2014: Deferred Annu... (04 Jul 2014)
IRB - Operating Hours during Ramadhan (04 Jul 2014)