MICPA’s SSP caters to students in a 4-year accounting degree – get sponsorship for the MICPA-CAANZ Programme, internship placement & a job offer before you graduate.
MICPA Bytes features stories about the Institute, the Programme, its people, candidates and members. Do stop by and check out this new page.
MICPA-ICAA Programme: Enrolment Open for Term 1, 2014Enrolment for the Taxation (TAX) & Audit and Assurance (AAA) modules for Term 1, 2014 is now open.
If you wish to enrol in one of these modules, please register yourself through one of the following methods:
- - Online enrolment through MICPA candidate portal (preferred): Click Here
- - Complete attached enrolment form and send to the Institute. You can also access the enrolment form via the link: Click Here
The enrolment for Term 1, 2014 technical modules will close on January 6, 2014 (Monday). Please ensure that your enrolment details and payment of module fees are received by MICPA before the closing date.
Your employer may have further instructions on your enrolment process. Please check with your HR Coordinator accordingly.
The National Annual Corporate Reports Awards (NACRA) is jointly organised by Bursa Malaysia Berhad, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) and The Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA).
The NACRA 2012 Award Presentation Ceremony was held on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at the Sime Darby Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, and the awards were presented by the Minister of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism, YBhg Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The winners of NACRA 2012 are as follows:
OVERALL EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Most Outstanding Annual Report of the Year
|Platinum||Malayan Banking Berhad|
|Gold||Public Bank Berhad|
|Silver||Telekom Malaysia Berhad|
Companies Listed on Main Market
|Consumer Products||British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Berhad|
|Industrial Products & Technology||Petronas Gas Berhad|
|Trading & Services||Telekom Malaysia Berhad|
|Finance||Malayan Banking Berhad|
|Properties & Hotels||Sunway Berhad|
|Plantations & Mining||Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad|
|Real Estate Investment Funds (REITs) & Closed-End Funds||Sunway Real Estate Investment Trust|
Best Annual Report in Bahasa Malaysia
|Platinum||Public Bank Berhad|
|Gold||Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad|
|Silver||Malayan Banking Berhad|
|Platinum||Malayan Banking Berhad|
|Gold||Tenaga Nasional Berhad|
|Silver||British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Berhad|
Best Corporate Social Responsibility Awards
|Platinum||Nestle (Malaysia) Berhad|
|Gold||Malayan Banking Berhad|
Best Annual Report of Non-listed Organisations
|Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia|
|Petronas Chemicals Group Berhad|
|Malaysia Resources Corporation Berhad|
|Mah Sing Group Berhad|
|UEM Land Holdings Berhad|
Enrolments for 2012 Ethics & Business Application 3 (EBA312) is now open.
Enrolment open: 15 Oct 2012
Enrolment close: 12 Nov 2012
Late Enrolment close: 19 Nov 2012
Please read the following carefully if you are considering enrolment in this module. No enrolment will be accepted after late enrolment closing date.
- MAA212 candidates are advised to wait for their exam results before enrolling into EBA312.
- Candidates sitting the supplementary exam for FIN212 or MAA212 are permitted to conditionally enrol in EBA312 (if you are unsuccessful in your supplementary exam you will be automatically discontinued from EBA312 with a full refund).
- EBA212 candidates will have 2 options for enrolment.
Option 1: Enrol using the enrolment closing dates on the calendar and if unsuccessful will be automatically discontinued and receive a full refund.
Option 2: Hold off on enrolling until you have received your results for EBA212. Please enrol between 16 Nov to 19 Nov 2012. Late fee will be waived.
Examinations results for Term 3, 2014 Taxation Supplementary and Audit & Assurance Supplementary have been released on April 17, 2015.
MICPA’s Students Sponsorship Programme (SSP) can help you fast track your career. In this article Leanne Lau and Ong Khai Pin share their personal thoughts and advice on doing the SSP. Read here for more details (2 April)
Now, non-accounting degree holders can pursue the MICPA-CAANZ Programme upon completing the new revolutionary MICPA Conversion Programme. The Conversion Programme forms part of the Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) that MICPA recently signed with USM. Interested? Read more about this in the Institute’s latest news article. (2 March)
Examinations results for Advanced Stage, Term 3, 2015 Taxation (TAX314), Auditing (AAA314) and Winner of Module Prize have been released on February 23, 2015.
Examinations results for Professional Stage, Term 3, 2014 Financial Reporting (FR314) and Business and Company Law (BCL314) have been released on February 23, 2015.
Please note that MICPA’s office will be closed from 18/02/15 – 22/02/15 for Chinese New Year. We will resume business as usual on 23/02/15. (17th February)Gong Xi Fa Cai!
The 2015 Professional Stage Examination (PSE) Timetable is now available.
Enrolment for the Term 1, 2015 Professional Stage Examination for Auditing (AA115) and Business Strategy & Financial Management (BSFM115) modules are now open. Click here for further details. Closing date for registration is March 6, 2015. (6 February)
Recently, MICPA signed an MoA with USM inking an agreement on their commitment towards developing the accounting profession in Malaysia. Read more about this new partnership in the Institute’s latest news article which was published in the New Sunday Times. (19 January)
The Institute recently held its 15th MICPA-ICAA Accountancy Week which saw participants from 12 universities and polytechnics across Malaysia. Read more about it in the Institute’s latest news article which was published in the New Sunday Times. (8 Dec)
MICPA signed an MoU with UiTM officiating a partnership of accounting academic development and excellence. Read more about it in the Institute’s latest news article which was published in the New Sunday Times. (17 Nov)
Venue: Rome, Parco Della Musica
Date: November 10 – 13, 2014
Tah Eve Lynn won MICPA’s Most Outstanding CPA Student award at its recent Excellence Awards. She shares with us her thoughts and achievements in the Institute’s latest news article in the New Sunday Times. Do read all about it!
At its recent Excellence Awards, MICPA awarded outstanding and high achieving individuals for their excellent results in the Institute’s joint Programme. Click here to read the article MICPA Students Bag Many Awards which was published in New Sunday Times.
- April 20, 2015Deloite Orientation
- April 21, 2015MICPA Talk Session for SMK Puncak Alam
- April 22, 2015MICPA Talk Session at UKM
- April 23, 2015MAICSA Annual Dinner
- April 24, 2015MMU Talk for Foundation Students
- April 24, 2015Victoria University's 'VU Night'
- April 24, 2015UM Industry Talk (Internship)
- April 25, 2015UM Accounting Night
- May 1, 2015MICPA Accountant's Dash 2015 GO M.A.D
- May 7, 2015MICPA Talk Session at UMT
- April 20, 2015 - April 21, 2015Updates of the 2014 & 2015 IFRS – Compliant MFRS – Preparing MFRS- Compliant Financial Statements in 2014, 2015 & Thereafter
- April 28, 2015Share Capital at No Par Value, Share Buybacks and Redeemable Preference Shares: Accounting Implications
- May 7, 2015Goods and Services Tax Post-Implementation Issues
- May 13, 2015Mapping of GST Tax Codes and Input Tax
- May 18, 2015 - May 19, 2015Advanced Principles of Deferred Taxation
- May 27, 2015 - May 28, 2015Basic Practical Guide to Auditing
- June 2, 2015Advanced Principles of Business Combinations & Consolidations
- June 15, 2015 - June 16, 2015Advanced Practical Guide to Auditing
MOF - Guidelines for Income Tax Deduction
on... (10 Apr 2015)
IRB - Opening of Revenue Service Centre in Ko... (10 Apr 2015)
IFAC - 2014 IFAC Global SMP Survey Results (27 Mar 2015)
IRB - Opening of Revenue Service Centre in
K... (27 Mar 2015)
IAASB - Information-Gathering Survey on Quali... (13 Mar 2015)
RMC - Issues for Discussion by Consultative P... (06 Mar 2015)
IRB - Issues for Discussion with the
Inland ... (06 Mar 2015)
IRB - Concession to Defer Computation of 2015... (06 Mar 2015)
IRB - Year of Assessment 2014 e-Filing Servic... (27 Feb 2015)
IRB - Tax Audit Framework 2015 (27 Feb 2015)