Designed specifically for Diploma in Accounting holders from accredited institutions of higher learning, the Accounting Technician designation will give holders an edge as they are required to adhere to the highest levels of professional skills, professional values, ethics and attitudes, and technical competence prescribed by the Institute. Accounting Technicians need to be equipped not only to serve, but to add value to businesses and practices to the best of their capacity.
Being Diploma in Accounting holders, Accounting Technicians have the option to move on to become full-fledged Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and Chartered Accountants (CAs) via the MICPA-CAANZ Programme. The Programme is jointly offered by MICPA and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), leading to the CPA and CA qualifications offered by both bodies through the MICPA-CAANZ Programme.
Accounting Technicians are required to continually develop their knowledge and skills through regular participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programs annually.
Steps to Becoming an Accounting Technician
- Politeknik Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Kolej Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) – Professional Diploma in Accounting
Step 2 – Candidates must complete at least 2 years of relevant practical experience
Step 3 – Candidates must complete the Professional Ethics module offered by the Institute
Upon fulfilling all 3 criteria above, candidates apply for admission to be an Accounting Technician of the Institute.
Accounting Technician – Rights and Privileges
- Entitled to use the designation ‘Accounting Technician’
- Accorded the same rights of memberships as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with the exception of the right to vote at general meetings of the Institute and the right to carry out any duty reserved to members who are CPAs
- Entitled to access the full range of services provided by the Institute to members
Platform to Becoming a CPA & CA
Accounting Technicians may proceed on to the MICPA-CAANZ Programme. In total, there are 9 modules to complete, 4 modules from the Professional Stage Examination, and 5 modules from the MICPA-CAANZ Programme. We certainly hope to see many Accounting Technicians aspire to reach greater heights in their careers not just in Malaysia, but globally.
Drop us an email at email@example.com if you require more information about Accounting Technician membership.