MICPA has formed strategic partnerships with other global professional bodies through mutual recognition of memberships for the benefit of our members.
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
MICPA members who wish to become a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) should note the following criteria:
- Admitted as Certified Public Accountant members on or after 1 January 2009, and completed five years’ relevant post-qualification experience, are eligible for direct admission to ACCA membership.
- Completed five years’ relevant post-qualification experience and were admitted as Certified Public Accountant members before 1 January 2009, should complete ACCA’s Professional Ethics module.
Please refer to ACCA’s website for more information: http://www.accaglobal.com/my/en/member/membership/mutual-memberships.html
Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
MICPA members who meet the below requirements can apply for CA membership with Chartered Accountants ANZ:
- Be a full CPA member of MICPA in good standing who completed the MICPA-Chartered Accountants ANZ professional program from July 2009; or
- Be a full CPA member of MICPA in good standing who completed the MICPA Professional Program pre July 2009 and at least 3 – 5 years post qualification experience.
Please refer to the Chartered Accountants ANZ website for more information:
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) offers the Pathways to Membership route allowing fully-qualified CPA members of MICPA to apply for ICAEW membership based on experience. Eligible candidates need to complete an Examination of Experience at home and in their own time, and then submit it with supporting documents by the deadline date.
Applicants need to meet the required Pathways eligibility criteria which includes having been a fully-qualified CPA member of MICPA for at least five years and having a suitable sponsor to support your application. The role of sponsor is to review your application and verify the truth and accuracy of the content of your application.
Each Pathways application must be supported by an eligible sponsor. Sponsor eligibility criteria includes that they must be a fully qualified accountant from an IFAC full member body, that they must know you, and have a good disciplinary record.
Examination of Experience – what’s involved
The Examination of Experience is a series of questions which ask about your expertise and achievements over the last five years. They assess your professional judgment, technical knowledge, analysis and planning skills, quality of thought etc. These are the same competencies assessed at the ACA Case Study – the final exam sat by ACA students.
Please refer to ICAEW’s website for more information: www.icaew.com/pathways
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
MICPA members who wish to become a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) should note the following criteria:
- Achieve MICPA membership via the MICPA Qualification route and not through any alternative direct membership route, shall be considered to have met the education, ethics, examination and experience requirements for admission into membership of ICAI.
- Obtain not less than three years’ relevant accounting experience after first registering with MICPA.
- Not currently subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigations and have not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions in the past five years.
- Pass ICAI’s examination in specialized module comprising of following:-
- Corporate and Allied Laws
- Meet additional admission requirements, including but not limited to, evidence of good character and payment of fees, as imposed by ICAI on applications for membership or under law.
To remain registered with ICAI after initial admission, MICPA members need to:
a) Maintain membership of the MICPA;
b) Comply with MICPA’s and ICAI’s CPD obligations
Please refer to ICAI’s website for more information: https://www.icai.org/post/mra-micpa-icai