Scholarships to Pursue the MICPA-CAANZ Programme
Scholarships are available for candidates interested in pursuing the MICPA-CAANZ Programme:
||MICPA-TalentCorp PAR Excellence Programme|
Yayasan Peneraju Pendidikan Bumiputera (Yayasan Peneraju) in collaboration with MyPAC is offering a sponsorship for young and motivated Bumiputera who wish to embark on the highly-regarded MICPA-CAANZ professional accounting qualification after graduating from university.
MICPA and Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ) jointly offer the MICPA-CAANZ Programme which aims to develop professional accountants and provides its graduates with a dual qualification – Certified Public Accountant, Malaysia (CPA(M)) and Chartered Accountant, Australia and New Zealand (CA(ANZ)). Graduates are also given access to the Global Accounting Alliance (GAA) – a group of 10 premier professional bodies worldwide via the GAA Passport.
The sponsorship provides candidates with:
• Sponsorship of MICPA-CAANZ Programme fees
• Full-time study for first 9 months of the Programme
- Sit for 2 out of 5 modules of the MICPA-CAANZ Programme
- Nurture & Develop Programme (soft-skills development)
- MICPA-CAANZ Programme tuition classes
- Monthly allowance
- Accommodation during full-time study
• Facilitation of job placement after completion of full-time study
• Part-time study for remaining 3 modules (tuition classes held on weekends)
(Note: this Programme is only offered in the Klang Valley)
*For eligible candidates only
• Malaysian Bumiputera
• 25 years old & below
• Completed or will be completing a Degree in Accounting by MICPA or CAANZ before the intake commences with a:
i. Minimum of CGPA 3.0 (Local Universities)
ii. Minimum of CGPA 5.25 over 7 or CGPA 6.75 over 9 (Australia / New Zealand)
iii. 2nd class Upper: Division 1 (United Kingdom)
iv. WAM of 75% (Australia)
v. Average Marks of 75% (New Zealand)
• Household gross income not more than RM 20,000.00 per month
Frequently Asked Questions
Refer to the FAQ.
MICPA-TalentCorp PAR Excellence Programme
MICPA and TalentCorp jointly offer a scholarship which enables accounting undergraduates to embark on the highly-regarded MICPA-CAANZ Programme in their 4th year of study. This Programme leads to a dual qualification from MICPA and Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ) which entitles graduates to use both the CPA(M) and CA(ANZ) designations.
The objectives of this scholarship is to increase the number of professional accountants in Malaysia, and to enhance the employability of Malaysian accounting undergraduates. The scholarship focuses on 2 components – professional education through the MICPA-CAANZ Programme and employment opportunities with reputable firms and organisations.
This scholarship, covers the following:
• Exam fees for 2 out of 5 modules of the MICPA-CAANZ Programme
• Tuition fees for the 2 modules (classes held in USM Penang, or Taylor’s College Hartamas, KL)
• Registration fees + annual student fees
• Exemption fees
MICPA will also facilitate the candidates’ internship placement and job placement upon graduation with Approved Training Employers.
Note : Applications for this Scholarship have closed (December 31, 2016)
• 3rd or final-year undergraduate from a MICPA-accredited university
• Minimum CGPA of 3.35
• MUET Band 3 and above
• Attend interview
• Undergo English & accounting assessment
For more information, please contact Eileen Grace Lee (email@example.com) |Tel: 03-26989622