Student Sponsorship Programme
The MICPA Student Sponsorship Programme (SSP) provides accredited accounting degree students with a headstart in pursuing a professional qualification.
In collaboration with participating MICPA Approved Training Employers (ATEs), the MICPA SSP provides 3 things:
1) Sponsorship to commence the MICPA CA ANZ Qualifying Programme during the final year of degree (at least 2 subjects)
2) An internship placement
3) A conditional full-time job offer upon graduation
The candidate will continue to pursue the remaining subjects upon graduation and commencing full-time employment, sponsored by the ATE. The candidate will be required to work with the ATE for a minimum period of at least 3 to 4 years. The terms and conditions of sponsorship will be stipulated in a sponsorship contract or letter of undertaking to be mutually agreed by both the ATE and the candidate.
Students who wish to apply for the SSP must meet the following requirements:
- Studying in a MICPA-accredited institution that is eligible for the SSP
- Currently maintaining a CGPA of at least 3.35 out of 4
- Strong English skills – verbal & written (MUET score of at least Band 3)
- Active in extra-curricular activities
- Strong interpersonal skills
Students enrolled in 4-year Bachelor of Accounting degree programme from the universities listed below are eligible to apply for the SSP. A general requirement is a minimum CGPA of 3.35 and minimum MUET of Band 3.
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- University Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) – Sg. Long Campus
Students interested in the SSP can choose to apply to the following participating employers. MICPA will facilitate the application process between candidates and employers.
- Afrizan Tarmili Khairul Azhar (AFTAAS)
- Baker Tilly Monteiro Heng
- BDO Malaysia
- Crowe Malaysia
- Deloitte Malaysia
- Ernst & Young Malaysia
- Folks DFK & Co. Azman, Wong, Salleh & Co.
- KPMG Malaysia
- PwC Malaysia
- Russell Bedford Malaysia
- S.C. Tong & Co.
- Sekhar & Tan Chartered Accountants
Employers interested to participate in the SSP can refer here.
How to Apply
Step 1 – Update your CV
Ensure your CV contains the following information:
- • Your contact details
- • Educational background
- • Current CGPA
- • MUET Band
- • Current Semester (e.g. Year 3, Semester 1)
- • Expected date of completion of degree programme (e.g. July 202x)
- • Details of any sponsorship bond for degree programme (e.g. JPA)
- • Involvement in extra-curricular activities
- • Achievements or awards
Step 2 – Prepare a Cover Letter
Ensure your cover letter contains the following information:
- • Your intention to apply for the MICPA SSP
- • Internship Semester (e.g. Year 4, Semester 1 & 2)
- • Expected date of internship (e.g. from Feb 202x to July 202x)
- • Preferred work locations (e.g. KL/PJ, Penang, Melaka, etc)
- • Your availability for interviews (e.g. weekdays, after 4pm)
Note: Do not address the letter to a specific employer.
Step 3 – Submit Cover Letter & CV to MICPA
Put your cover letter & CV into one PDF file, named according to the format
Step 4 – Participating ATEs will arrange for assessments & interviews with applicant
Step 5 – Successful applicant receives SSP offer
Step 6 – Applicant to review & accept Terms & Conditions of sponsorship
Step 7 – Register as a MICPA candidate with assistance from ATE’s HR
Step 8 – Enrol in MICPA x CA ANZ Programme subjects OR commence internship
Our very first SSP candidate from UMT – Franklin Shepherdson sharing his views on MICPA’s Student Sponsorship Programme (SSP) and why it is his preferred choice.
Watch Leanne Lau, a UM graduate and MICPA candidate talk about the SSP. Currently working at one of the Big 4 accounting firms, Leanne commenced the SSP while in her final year of her Bachelor of Accounting degree.
Azriana Azreen, a MICPA SSP candidate shares her thoughts on starting her professional accreditation early via the SSP.