What Is Accounting?
Just to get your brain juice flowing – here are some basic definitions of what Accounting and other related terms are:
Who is a professional accountant? Basically it is an individual who is professionally trained in accounting.
The MICPA-CAANZ Programme is a premier professional accounting programme that accounting graduates can pursue. Upon completion, they will qualify as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Malaysia and Chartered Accountant (CA), ANZ.
An accountant is also a member of an International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) member body.
The Accounting Profession in Malaysia
In Malaysia, the accounting profession is governed and regulated by a body called Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA).
- Regulatory Body formed in 1967 under the Accountants Act
- To execute the role of registration and regulation of the accounting profession in Malaysia
- Entry Qualification:
- Bachelor of Accountancy degree from accredited local universities
- Recognised professional qualification in accountancy (such as MICPA)
- MIA Qualifying Examination
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in public practice, commerce, industry or public sector
- Members of MIA are entitled to use the designation of CA in Malaysia